Click Here To Stay Up To Date With Us And Follow Us On IG !
GEMINI BROW BOUTIQUE
PRE & POST-CARE PROCEDURES
In order to achieve the best results, it is best to follow the pre and post care instructions.
Prior to your procedure, clients are advised of the following:
· Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 72 hours.
· Avoid tanning so we can assess your natural skin tone.
· No face scrubs or chemical peels at least two weeks prior.
· Feel free to come in with their brow makeup on so our technician can see your every day look you prefer. Reference pictures of shapes and colors of brows are always welcomed. We will then work together to create the perfect brows!
After your procedure, clients MUST follow these instructions:
· Within 2 hours after the procedure, clean brows using a q-tip and lightly moisten with distilled or cooled downed boiling water. Gently wipe away the old healing balm and any lymphatic liquid (clear yellowish liquid) that may have built up. Lightly pat dry with tissue and using a new q-tip, re-apply healing balm to the brows.
· Make sure to apply a light layer of healing balm morning and night to brows for at least 5-7 days.
· Do not over apply healing balm.
· Do not immerse brow area in water for 14 days. When showering, make sure to avoid face area. When cleaning or washing face, make sure to avoid brows and clean around it.
· Do not put makeup on the brow area for a minimum of 10 days. Powder ombre area is an open wound, using makeup may cause infections.
· Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 24 hours.
· Brow area will feel slightly itchy as it heals and will start to lightly scab over. Do not peel or pick at the scabs as this can affect the outcome and pigmentation.
· Do not go swimming, tanning or into saunas for at least 14 days.
· No face scrubs or chemical peels at least 2 weeks after.
98 Lockwood Ave, Yonkers, NY 10701
Never Pencil Your Eyebrows In Ever Again
Book Your Visit Here
Permanent makeup is a great alternative to those that have suffered from hair loss, cancer, alopecia, over tweezing, and thinning eyebrows. Permanent makeup holds the promise you’ll work all night, and wake up in the morning with makeup in place.
We have two Ombre eyebrows technique styles that you should consult with your technician. Both are the solution to sparse or over-plucked brows. This brow transformation procedure puts an end to the daily eyebrow cosmetics application. Forget about brow shadows, pencils, and pomades.
Do not worry about realistic shading anymore.
A soft, misty, powder filled brow similar to the look of makeup best achieved by machine; meaning the tails of the brow are darker, and fade into a light start to the brow, giving it a very subtle look! Over time, pigment fades leaving the skin and your natural brows behind - lighter at the bulb (front) of the brow and going darker towards the tail. This is IDEAL for anyone who fills in their brows with makeup and has hair
Generally Ombre eyebrows style creates the lighter beginning of your eyebrows and goes darker from the middle part of the eyebrow to the tail. There is no visible outlines.
The other Ombre style creates lighter part in the bulb also on the top of eyebrows with fine line and more shading in the bottom part.
This way bottom part of the eyebrows looks more defined and clean.
Technician will give you a custom look based on your preferences.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
For the first session, the entire procedure should take about 2-2.5 hours. During this session, we will shape and style the client's brows for their ultimate approval. Then follow with pigment color selection. Once the client is satisfied with the choices, we begin the procedure.
The client is to come in for a follow up visit in order to have any minor necessary touch ups. The second session takes place after 4-6 weeks after the initial session. This session will take approximately 1.5-2 hours to complete.
WHAT IS THE HEALING PROCESS?
The eyebrow area will be slightly red after the procedure and color will appear very dark. This is normal for the procedure and part of the healing process. The color will fade by up to 40% as it heals. In the following days, the eyebrows will continue to be dark and you will notice slight scabbing.
Do not pick at the scabs as this may damage the skin and the outcome of the brow area. The eyebrows will lighten up in color as it heals. No down time is required after ombre brow procedure. It takes approximately 7-14 days for the brows to heal over, and about 1 month for the color to fully set in.
You'll notice the color is very light right after the two weeks after healing; the skin will have an opaque milky looking quality to it. This is known as the milk skin and is common in tattooing. This is due to the the tissue still healing from the inside out even though the surface of the skin is healed. True color will reveal itself once healed.
IS THE TOUCH-UP NECESSARY?
Yes! A touch up session after 4-6 weeks is necessary as everyone heals differently and outcome will vary. Certain areas may not pick up during first session and will need to be refilled. Pigment color may need to be adjusted, brow thickness and more strokes can be added. Individuals with oily skin often require a deeper shade during the touch up session as the oils tend to lighten the pigment. Most importantly, your touch up session is when we refine your brows to ensure it looks perfect and retains the color for the whole year!
CAN I GET A TOUCH-UP BEFORE THE 4WEEKS IS UP?
Touch up sessions should not be done earlier than 4 weeks after initial session as pigment color has not fully settled into the skin. Most importantly, this is to prevent scar damage as the tissue requires time to completely heal.
IS THIS PROCESS PAINFUL?
No!, The pain level for the procedure is considered mild to none. Prior to the procedure we will apply a topical anesthetic to numb the area, and will also reapply it during the procedure. Everyone responds differently to anesthetic; depending on the client, the feeling of the procedure has been described as light scratches to not feeling anything. Topical anesthetics used may contain lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine and epinephrine.
After the procedure, redness and slight swelling in the area is normal. Clients describe the area feeling similar to a light sunburn. Clients can take Tylenol but not aspirin or ibuprofen.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Since pigments are not implanted into the skin as deep as traditional tattoos, the area will naturally fade overtime. Ombre typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type (normal, oily, dry), age (youthful/mature). Skincare routine will also affect the lasting effect of the pigment: patients who tan, uses products with AHA or Glycolic Acid with fade faster as your skin will resurface faster. Each individual's color retention within the skin will vary. To maintain the brows looking fresh, a touch up is suggested every 12-18 months. Clients can let the tattooed area fade over time, but please note a slight shadow may remain.
WHO ISN’T SUITABLE FOR THIS PROCEDURE?
Anyone who has any serious medical conditions may require a physician's note. Ombre Shading is not suitable for the following candidates:
· Those under 18 years of age
· Those Using Accutane / Roaccutane
· Have heart conditions or using heart medications
· Have diabetes (will require a physician's note)
· Have skin disease or irritations
· Have had Botox in the last 2 weeks
· Have gotten a deep tan or chemical peels in the last 2 weeks
· Allergic to lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine or epinephrine
· Pregnant and lactating women who want to Microblade can be done at THEIR own discretion. I suggest discussing THIS with your PHYSICIAN first.
Ombre shading is still considered a tattoo, and just like with wine, coffee or sushi consumption, it is a personal choice to do so during this period.
· People with glaucoma and people who are taking blood thinning medicines, e.g., aspirin.
· People with skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema and undiagnosed rashes or blisters on the site that is to be treated.
· People with allergies to makeup or colors
· Those with easily triggered post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation (SUGGEST PHYSICIAN'S NOTE)
· Those with transmittable blood conditions like HIV or Hepatitis
· Active skin cancer in the area to be tattooed
· People who HAVE hemophilia
· Have healing disorders, currently taking blood thinners, uncontrolled high blood pressure or had mitral valve disorder.
· Oily Skin isn't the best skin for Powder ombre retention.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who we deem not suitable for this procedure or for any other reason. Our brow technicians make the decision to powder ombre an individual based on their own discretion*
**Let us know if you have/had allergic reactions to topical anesthetics or any other topical or oral products**
CONDITIONS TO BE WEARY OF:
· If you are using any type of exfoliation CREAM/MEDICATION SUCH aS: AHA’s (lactic, glycol, citric, retinoid and tartaric acids) or any OTC creams and lotions for tone correcting, anti-aging, exfoliating, fading can discolor your permanent makeup.
· Flu or Cold: Please stay home and contact me to reschedule your appointment if you have a cold, flu or sinus/respiratory infection.
· Coumadin: The amount of bleeding and response to topical epinephrine will determine coverage per appointment. If excessive bleeding occurs, extra appointments may be necessary for desired outcome or the procedure may not be effective.
· Cancers/Chemotherapy: Doctor's clearance may be necessary.
· Shingles (varicella): If you have shingles on your face, wait several months to get permanent makeup.
· Eyelift or blepharoplasty: Wait about three months.
· Eyelash extensions: AFTER permanent makeup, not before, or remove them before your procedure.
· Pinkeye: Do not powder ombre or have any other semi-permanent makeup procedure until your infection has cleared and your prescribed medication has been completed.
*We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who we deem not suitable for this procedure or for any other reason. Our brow technicians make the decision to powder ombre an individual based on their own discretion*
**Let us know if you have/had allergic reactions to topical anesthetics or any other topical or oral products**
RISKS AND COMPLICATIONS?
We take all proper precautions for a safe session by using sterilized equipment, new needles and in a sanitized environment. Should clients follow our pre and post care instructions, there should be minimal risks or complications .Although allergic reactions to the pigments are rare, it could be possible for certain individuals.
WHAT IF I DON’T LIKE IT?
As with all cosmetic procedures, individuals should not make their choices lightly. We always recommend clients do their research, understand the procedure and compare different artists' work and portfolio when making their decisions. We will do their utmost BEST to shape and style the eyebrows to the clients satisfaction prior to the procedure. Every effort will be made to achieve an even appearance, but please realize our faces are never perfectly symmetrical. Uneven appearance can be fixed during the touch up session. Pigment discoloration and color correction can also be fixed during the the touch up session. Powder brows will eventually fade away if no additional touch ups are done.
Clients are able to cancel or reschedule appointments at anytime with a minimum of 48 hours notice prior to the appointment time, otherwise a fee will be charged, likely equal to 'half the service' fee. To book a reservation, you can use our ONLINE calender or inquire via email or IG. A disposit will be required to hold your time slot and day. To cancel or reschedule, please reach out to us via any of these or email/ call us. Confirmation of cancellation will be done by email or phone.